Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Slider restart

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

Is there a setting which will allow the slider to restart after the mouse pointer has stopped rolling over the slider? Currently the slider pauses and stays paused on the particular slide even when the mouse pointer is no longer hovering over the slide.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3081

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Sorry, not that I know of. The slider is based off of SlidesJS. It might be worth mentioning to the author, but I think the intention of the hoverpause parameter assumes the user is about to interact with a slide, and prevents animation before the user can make focus.

I have the code 90% complete to make hoverpause an option. You can find it in:

wp-content/themes/breeze/lib/includes/init_slider.php

Just change both parameters to true or false to force it one way or the other. I’ll try to get this finished in the next update. I think it should be enabled by default, but certainly understand you might want to change it.

<?php if (get_option('sthemes_slidehoverpause') == "0") { ?>
      hoverPause: true, // boolean, Set to true and hovering over slideshow will pause it
     <?php } else {?>
      hoverPause: false, // boolean, Set to true and hovering over slideshow will pause it
         <?php } ?>
{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

Many thanks again. Cheers

Will

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-09-23

PM

I didn’t get this to work :( Forced both parameters to false, but the slideshow still has hoverpause enabled..

Any news on this one?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-09-23

PM

I am gonna try this solution, will leave a reply here if it works!

https://github.com/nathansearles/Slides/issues/278

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-09-23

PM

I have a fast fix for the problem. This will cause the slider to play ALL THE TIME:

Open “slides.min.jquery.js” in “wp-content/themes/breeze/js” and find the line:

if(g.hoverPause&&g.play){control.bind(‘mouseover’,function(){stop()});control.bind(‘mouseleave’,function(){pause()})}

and change it to

if(g.hoverPause&&g.play){control.bind(‘mouseover’,function(){play()});control.bind(‘mouseleave’,function(){play()})}