Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

You are here → Home :: Forum Home :: General WordPress :: Plugins Discussion :: Thread

Search widget alignment question - Synapse theme

{name}
RankRank

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2012-09-21

PM

I need to insert a search field into the content of a static home page layout. I am using the Search widget in the Pages Widget Area just fine. I'm using the Synapse theme.

I was able to insert the search widget into the content area using a plugin (listed below). It works but the search button appears under the field, left justified. I would like the button to be to the right of the field and the search elements top-aligned in the column.

I have a slideshow in a left [two_thirds] column and some text in the right [one_third_last] column. I want the search field to appear above the content in the right column and top aligned so that it is aligned with the slideshow.

I've tried two plugins that allow widgets to be inserted into the content area and both give the same results, button under the field. I've tried the field in different areas of the content and the field will expand/contract but button is always under the field so I don't think it's an issue of wrapping.

The plugins I've tried are:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widgets-on-pages/
and
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widgetize-pages-light/

I'm not sure if this is customizable, and/or if it can be customized without messing up the search fields.

Thanks for your advice

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, I downloaded the second plugin mentioned above and the widget appears inline with the content just fine. Can you tell me what browser your using and/or share a link to the issue. I'm sure it's something we can easily resolve with a little custom CSS.
{name}
RankRank

Joined 2012-09-21

PM

Hi,

The widget/search elements are displaying in the correct place that I want, it's that the "Search" button appears under the field and I want it on the same line, to the right of the field. What's the best way to send you a screenshot, if that helps?
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Can you tell me what browser your using and/or share a link to the issue. I'm sure it's something we can easily resolve with a little custom CSS.
{name}
RankRank

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2013-06-24

PM

GAH! I was looking for this exact answer! Could OP update us on what he did to fix his issue please?!
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

@LondonCapital if you can share a link to the page in question and specify which element you're wanting to edit, I may be able to help.
{name}
RankRank

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2013-06-24

PM

Thanks Casey but I found a work around. I just added the pic to the searchform.php file and it turned out just fine smile
{name}
RankRank

Joined 2012-09-21

PM

Hi - I am wanting to do the same thing but use the default button if possible.

I am using the Search Widget, adding it to my WIDGETS FOR SHORTCODE, then adding the shortcode to my home page. The Search button appears bottom/left justified with the search field. Only in this instance. I also have the Search Widget in the PAGES WIDGET AREA so that it appears in the right sidebar of my sub-pages and the alignment is perfect - right side of search field.

I'd like the button on the home page to be to the right of the field.

This behavior shows in Safari 5.1.10, Firefox 30.0 and Chrome 35.0.1916.153

Our site is not announced yet, let me know if you would like me to send you the URL via private message.

Thanks!
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I'm not sure what "widgets for shortcode" is, but yes if you could PM me with a link to the problem, I'll be glad to take a look and report back here.