Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

You are here → Home :: Forum Home :: General WordPress :: WordPress :: Thread

How to Upload Images to wp-content (with alternate sizes) because timthumb.com not available

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-12-07

PM

I do not have timthumb available on my server. So i created the alternate sizes of the image files in GIMP. Does anyone know how to get wordpress to recognize them?

I tried uploading the alternate files with the same root as the image I added through New Media Upload.
Result: wordpress sees them as separate files,not as alternate images of the same file.
I tried deleting the primary and alternate files together, then uploading all new at the same time, via new media upload.
Same Result: wordpress sees them as separate files,not as alternate images of the same file.
I think this may be the best I can do.

Then I deleted all those to start fresh and uploaded them myself via FTP.
Result: Wordpress does not recognize any of them.

I am going to have to do this for all my files so I'd love to be able to upload them and have wordpress understand that files with the -0x0.jpg appended to the filename are all versions of the same image. Or at least upload the primary and have wordpress recognize the others as I upload them.

I am going to have to wait until January to get timthumb added to php here. Have to get permission...

Thanks SimpleThemes!

-- Sheryl

fyi some pics...

Media-Settings-WordPress
Uploaded-Files-in-wp-content

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

The slider is the only feature that requires thumb.php. I'm not aware of any workaround. Timthumb is very standardized for WordPress themes and only requires the GD libraries which is the very basic minimum dependencies of PHP. Are you using free web hosting or something?
{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-12-07

PM

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your fast reply. Happy New Year 2013! I fixed the problem.

My local development environment needed to be upgraded. Solved. Thanks!