Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

top extra area

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-01-27

PM

In the upper right, I have a rotating testimonial plugin running. (http://inkvoices.com) When I create a landing page, it is still there and overlaps. I know you said that area was for simple social media code or contact info but wouldn’t that overlap also? Any plans to update that area to a simple widget area so it behaves like other widget areas? I hate messing with php in templates because of updates.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

When I create a landing page, it is still there and overlaps.

Do you have an example of the page where overlapping occurs? What exactly is it overlapping?

Any plans to update that area to a simple widget area so it behaves like other widget areas?

If this were a “stackable” widget, it would effect the header height.

I hate messing with php in templates because of updates.

Not sure if I’m misunderstanding you here, but you don’t have to edit any PHP to display a widget or control its style. Changing the display of the header extras tag can be done in CSS which is not overwritten by updates.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-01-27

PM

I meant hacking the landing page template to not show the extra area. see attached screenshot. It is white on grey so not easy to see. It does not overlap the menu but does the page.

This won’t take even small file attachments here and I don’t want to leave the overlap up. Will try to email it.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I’ll update the function to remove the header extras widget on Landing pages - or you could use Dynamic Widgets to exclude the widget on that page for the time being.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-01-27

PM

I don’t use Dynamic plugins, I am using Woosidebars…but another thing happened where the right side was getting cut off no matter my margins so I decided to simply stop using that area for anything it was not intended for. Thanks for all your help. It is good to know. I now call it the Diva Area:)