Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Element & Redirection Plug-in

{name}
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-12-06

PM

Do you know why my Redirection Plug-in log is filling up with this?

Source URL                                           Referrer                         IP

15 Mar, 2013 ?/wp-content?/themes?/element?/images?/icons?/stlogo.png http://www.sarrobackandneck.com 71.184.52.234

I have no idea what this means. My site was getting slow, I dumped the log, and it seemed to speed up. It will fill up again
though.

http://www.sarrobackandneck.com

{name}
RankRankRank

Joined 2012-12-06

PM

I have now deactivated the plug-in because it appears it was dragging things down.

Should I only use it for absolutely necessary redirects?

I had put in about 40 page redirects that showed up in Google Tools as 404’s which were mostly due to changes I had made in permalinks while designing the website.

I am thinking maybe this was unnecessary and too much?

Do those crawl errors need to be fixed with a plug-in like this, or can I just ignore them as the redirected pages were not old, and had almost no traffic prior to permalink changes?

Thanks

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

For me, I guess it would depend on how many redirects there are. If it’s just a few, you can add a 301 redirect to your .htaccess file and eliminate the overhead of another plugin.

I’m not sure what the errors you pointed out are. It looks to me like an image is being queried but not found.I’ll look into this.

{name}
RankRankRank

Joined 2012-12-06

PM

Thanks Casey

I almost wondered if it had to do with the stock Element logo?

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Actually, it looks like the theme credits image is missing.

Try going to Theme Options → General: and unchecking “Theme Credits”.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I’ve just pushed out the fix which will be included in the next update.