Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Slider Problem

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

Hello,

My client is having a problem with the slider in the Onyx theme. The slider is on his homepage here: energypriorities.com The captions are working but it is not displaying the featured images for some reason. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

It looks like your missing an important theme file. You can get the file from here: https://code.google.com/p/timthumb/

Save as thumb.php and add to your wp-content/themes/onyx folder and you should be set. The wp-content/themes/onyx/cache folder must be writeable as well.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

Hi Casey,

Thanks so much for your help! Unfortunately that didn’t seem to have any effect. I grabbed the timthumb script and saved/uploaded as directed and set the cache folder to be writeable. Still seeing only the caption and no images. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Here’s what I’m seeing.

The images are called up by thumb.php in order to resize them to your specified slider settings:
[removed for security]

The problem is that [removed for security] is returning a 404 (Not Found) error. Are you sure the file exists in this location? Are there any security plugins or htaccess rules in place that would prevent thumb.php from loaidng?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

I looked in the wp-content folder and found an htaccess file with the following:

<Files *.php>
deny from all
</Files
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

That would probably be the culprit. If you rename the file to htaccess.txt do the images then show up?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

I gave it a shot and no dice..

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Yes, that file is still 404. It sounds like a server issue. Are you using free web hosting by chance?

Would it be possible to have you PM me your wp-admin info. FTP info would also help if it’s something I’m unable to pinpoint in the wp settings.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

Just following up on this. Any luck?

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Yes, I sent you a PM. Did you not receive it?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

Excellent! Thank you so much for your help. I will get back to you asap.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Info received, thanks. The slider appears to be working now. Please see the PM I’ve sent you regarding my other findings.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

The sliders are working again! Thank you, you went above and beyond the call of duty.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Thanks. I’m removing the above links for safeguarding. Just let me know if you have any other issues.