Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Element Slider not showing images

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-06-06

PM

Hi,

I am trying to get the slider to work on your elegant theme. Have created three slides and placed the following code in the page “[slideshow effect=“slide” category=“12” width=“600” height=“250” autoplay=“false” speed=“1000” pagination=“true” prevnext=“true”]”

All that shows is the slider with the name of the slide that changes when you move to next slide.

I have seen other posts with this issue and so I have checked I have the thumb.php in the Parent installed and also renamed htaccess to htaccess.txt but I still can’t get it to work.

I can PM the url if this might help

Thanks in anticipation

Steve

Attachments:

https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/dp65OiSmKV8mTbziy5gj

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, Can you make sure your wp-content/themes/element/cache folder is writeable (775 or 777)?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-06-06

PM

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your reply. Yes wp-content/themes/element/cache folder is 775 .

Our servers don’t allow remote HTTP (Port 80) requests using wp_remote_get. This has been an issue with Wordpress in the past, maybe this is the issue.

Not to worry I’ll try a third party plugin to see if that might work. Pity though, your system is really cool!

Steve

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

You should be able to use the slider if your images are on the same server. Can you post or PM me a link to the page in question?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-06-06

PM

Hi Casey,

Thanks for pointing out that the cache needs to be 775. I have set it to 775 (see attached image) but it still fails to works.

I need to get this completed for my client so will try out a few third party sliders now.

Thanks again for your help, pity we couldn’t get it to work.

Steve

Attachments:

https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/TC9iSaHGQG6fXDQfyDva

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Some servers require 777 depending on how apache is set up.

If you get the system 403 error when you visit:
yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/element/cache

then permissions are set incorrectly.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-06-06

PM

Hi Casey,

Just spoke to my server providers and they inform me the highest access they allow is 755.

Anyone in the UK who are thinking of using Heart Internet you need to know that they lock their servers down so tight that they become almost unusable for certain projects.

Thanks for your time on this Casey.

Steve