Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

How to remove “Comments are closed.”

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-05-31

PM

I have disabled comments site-wide, as this is a marketing and informational site, not a blog. But I want to get rid of the words “comments are closed” that still appear on every page. Where do I go to do that? Is there a call for the comments box one of the php files that I could delete? Any ideas? Thanks!

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, I’m not seeing this on my development installation and I searched the entire repository for “comments are closed” and did not return any results. Do you have any third party plugins installed that may be generating this message? Can you share a link to the page in question so I can see what version and post type is being displayed?

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-05-31

PM

http://www.fraternitymanagementgroup.com/wordpress/

If it is a plug-in, it carried over from the previous administartor’s theme/setup. I can uninstall, if necessary, but I’d really like to get it removed. Thanks!

PS - Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I went on a little vacation.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I searched the repository for this text string and didn’t come up with anything. I’m pretty sure this is generated by a plugin from somewhere else. I’m not suggesting you do this, but the hack-ish way to get rid of this would be to add the following rule to your stylesheet:

p.nocomments {display:none;}