Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Spacing and Clearlines

{name}
RankRank

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2013-06-24

PM

When I use an h4 title, I get an automatic clearline right beneath it.  that is great but if I go to an h3 title, there is no clearline.  If I add one, there is a rather large gap between the title and the line :(

<h4><b>Executive Summary</b></h4>
[clearline] 

How do I get the clearline to appear for an h4 tag just like it does for an h3 tag?

Let me also express my thanks for the help I have received so far.  My CSS/PHP knowledge is limited but I am learning a lot here from the awesome help I’ve received :)

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, I’m not 100% sure I follow. None of the heading tags should automatically add a [clearline] tag. The purpose of the [clearline] tag is to clear the row entirely. What method are you using to insert the h3/h4 tags in the first place?

If it’s just an underline you’re after, maybe I could suggest some CSS customization to automatically style h3 tags. If you can share a link to the page in question and maybe describe the look your after, I can probably be of more help.

{name}
RankRank

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2013-06-24

PM

It looks like that [clearline] added a ‘divider’ to me but seems I was wrong.  I found the relevant CSS code and simply copied/modded it to behave for h3 and h4 the same.

original

h3 {
 font
-size:1.75em;

line-height:1.2;

margin:.476em 0 .2em 0;

padding0 0 8px 0;

backgroundurl(./images/style5/divider.pngrepeat-x center bottom;

text-shadow#fff 1px 1px 0px;

I just adde that background divider to the h4 tag.

h4 {
 margin
:.571em 0 .571em 0;

font-size:1.55em;

backgroundurl(./images/style5/divider.pngrepeat-x center bottom;

worked fine :)

Slowly getting the hang of CSS.  It’s al ittle difficult as I don’t have 3 or 4 days to get a dEcent grasp of css, as the site has to be live by then.  So, learning on the fly :)

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Glad you’re getting it worked out. Learning takes time so just feel free to ask away. It’s always helpful (to us both) if you can share a link either via post or PM so I can understand better and maybe point out some things to make it easier for you smile