Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Visual Toolbar Disappeared

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2013-05-14

PM

My toolbar options for Insert Shortcode, Insert Content (and I think one other that was in there which I don’t use) just disappeared on me with no obvious reason. I am using Synapse, installed it fine, built some pages and the features were there, but then a few days later, they disappeared. The content templates still appear in my page text as HTML but I can’t insert any new elements or set them for new pages.

I have no widgets installed at all and I can’t figure out any changes I made that would have caused it. Here’s the site.

http://www.ronsrepairs.com/septa

Right now I have it running as a subdomain of a personal site because it’s a volunteer thing. Plan to have a native URL point to it once we are done.

Thanks in advance.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, So there were no recent plugins installed or any other variables introduced that would cause this problem? Are you sure the editor tab is on “Visual” mode and not “Text” mode?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-05-14

PM

Yes positive we are on visual mode and not text mode. And strangely enough, at some point it reappeared and everything was fine then on next login it disappeared. And again nothing happened in between. I haven’t installed any plug ins - just been building pages and adding content. Right now, it’s still gone at this point. The templated pages I already have are still built and the shortcodes that were previously inserted into posts all work. But the three icons on the visual tab are gone.

This is kind of a pain because it’s the reason I used this theme to begin with - because I love those templates and shortcodes in the other Simple Themes I am using from you guys.

Any ideas?

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I’ve not heard of this before. The best thing I can do is login and take a look if you want to PM your wp-admin details.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-05-14

PM

So I’ve discovered that it’s another IE issue. I think the reason it spontaneously “reappeared” is because I must have moved to another browser without realizing it. Tested that theory today and it confirmed. They are there in FireFox. So I’ll work with it that way for now.

Unless you can figure something out.
Thanks
Chris

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

Same issue, it’s the simple shortcodes plugin that breaks the Visual Editor.

None of my buttons or anything work anymore after updating the theme and importing the plugin.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Did you do a complete update? I just tested v.1.9.6 on WP 4.0.1 and it appears for me.