Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

You are here → Home :: Forum Home :: General WordPress :: WordPress :: Thread

Spammer?

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2013-07-31

PM

I received a PM from a curtis partridge at 11:22 EST last night.

M Aronoff received an identical PM message from curtis partridge last night.

I consider this SPAM

If you don't have the courtesy to search forum posts, or post your topic like everyone else, I consider you a SPAMMER.

Fellow forum users - proceed with caution.
Edit your profile so you can't receive PM, and choose if you want to be able to receive emails from other members (I don't).

Casey? Are you there? Any idea about this?
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, I received your email and I appreciate your concern, however it looks like the user was just asking you how to fix a problem rather than posting his/her question. I have no idea why, but it did not look malicious or have any spam-like appearance.
{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2013-07-31

PM

Thanks, Casey. I had posted in the Synapse theme yesterday and did not get a response (usually you're there within a day or so) and then I got these PMs so I wondered what was up.

I don't know why maranoff PMd me either with a solution to it as I didn't PM him/her. I can only read these messages by email, they are not accessible from my account online so it all seems very strange to me. How can I access and delete these private messages from my account?

Anyway, I've turned those functions off so it shouldn't happen to me again in future. I really wonder why this person didn't post a question in the appropriate forum.

I never click on links to other sites from a public forum. Can't be too careful.

Thanks again.