Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Latest posts WP tag causes errors on page w/ NextGEN Gallery

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-03-21

PM

I’m encountering an issue with the Onyx 4.4 theme (just pushed the latest version to my site) where using the [latest] tag to display post summaries causes my NextGEN Gallery code to fail.  I’ve tested with the WP 2012 and 2013 themes and everything points to an Onyx-only issue.  If I take out the following line, the NGG slideshow works fine:
[latest excerpt=“true” thumbs=“false” morelink=“Read More…” width=“50” height=“50” num=“5” cat=“1” orderby=“date” order=“desc”]

The broken page that includes the [latest] tag is available at https://www.unthrocon.org .  The page that correctly displays NGG slideshow, but doesn’t have the posts (due to no [latest] tag) can be found at https://www.unthrocon.org/?page_id=634.

As a side note, I was using the Onyx slideshow function on my home page, but needed to create some photo galleries so I enabled NGG 2.0.19/2.0.20 and that broke the [slideshow] code when used in the same page as [latest].  At this point, I’m trying to transition this slideshow over to NGG for ease of management purposes and scrap the built-in Onyx slideshow function.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation…Hopefully it makes sense.  I can provide login credentials via PM for wp-admin if that would help.

Thank you!
Mark

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

It (kind of) makes sense. I’m wondering if the NGG uses duplicate function names. There are no javascript errors and there does not appear to be any displayed PHP errors either. This could be attributed to your error reporting settings.

I installed the NGG plugin and didn’t encounter the same issue, but I could be trying something different than what you are. If you’re comfortable with doing so, you can email me your wp-admin and FTP info to the wp-content directory and I’ll take a closer look.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-03-21

PM

Thank you!  I PM’d those credentials over to you (couldn’t find an email address).  I’ll continue to poke around and see if I can track down anything else.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I received your message, thanks. I was able to login to the WP backend and verify the problem. It seems to have something to do with the excerpt parameter. It could be that one of the latest entries has some code/markup that conflicts with the NGG plugin. I wasn’t able to login using the provided SFTP credentials. I’d need that to debug the problem accurately smile

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-03-21

PM

I goofed on the password. Just replied with the correct credentials.  Tested outside the firewall and it looks like everything is good to go now.  Sorry about that!