Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

You are here → Home :: Forum Home :: General WordPress :: Plugins Discussion :: Thread

Dynamic Side Bars Error Log

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-02-19

PM

Not sure if this is the right place exactly, but I'm posting here, getting advice from my host, and reporting the error on the Wordpress support thread for the Dynamic Sidebar plugin.

My error logs are filling up fast . . . fast with the following error:

[24-Feb-2014 00:53:40 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method WidgetClasses::dynamic_sidebar_params() should not be called statically in /home/computer/public_html/my-nursing-career.com/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 199

Because these themes are coded to take advantage of the plugin, I thought it might be related, but any advice would be appreciative.

Regards,

jeff
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi Jeff,

Are you using the latest version? (1.5.6) I seem to remember experiencing the same thing with the latest version of PHP. Can you tell me which theme/version are you running on this site so I can debug?
{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-02-19

PM

Hi Casey,

I am using version 1.5.6 of the Dynamic Widgets plugin
My PHP version is 5.4.21
Impacto - 5.3
impacto Child - 5.1

Thanks,

jeff

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi Jeff,

Looking a little closer at the error, it may actually be related to the Widget styling feature of the theme (S1,S2,S3) and your server's strict PHP reporting settings.

I've just pushed up version 5.4. If you would, please update and then install this plugin:
http://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-css-classes/

If installing the above plugin from the wp-admin (as opposed to manually uploading), be sure you search for "Widget CSS Classes" as there are some similarly named plugins out there.

The 5.4 update checks to see if the plugin is loaded and if not, uses the theme method.

You may have to re-style your widgets but this plugin is a more well thought out solution than the one bundled with the theme.