Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Fatal Error - need help - Solved

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

One of my sites running Presstige apparently started getting a fatal error two weeks ago but I just learned about it today.

Here’s the error:
Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed; If you would like to pass argument by reference, modify the declaration of GetArchiveColStyle(). in /home4/tommc/public_html/landdesignlandscaping.com/wp-content/themes/presstige/home.php on line 13

LINE 13 is: $colstyle = GetArchiveColStyle(&$colstyle);

Seems to appear on home.php and page.php at least.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

Figured it out after doing some research on similar issues.

$colstyle = GetArchiveColStyle(&$colstyle);  needs to be $colstyle = GetArchiveColStyle($colstyle);

Remove the ampersand and do the same for other variables in the page code. Something with the new PHP update that took place on our HostGator servers in late May.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi,

Are you running an an older version of Presstige by chance? These issues should have been resolved when the last version of PHP was deployed live.

The latest version of Presstige in the repo is 1.9.5.

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-01-31

PM

How can we update the theme?  I have gone in and downloaded the new Presstige, but when I try to upload it to wordpress it says that the destination already exists.

Isn’t there an easier way to update it?

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi,

First make sure you have v.1.9.6 (I just updated it tonight).

You should only need to upload via FTP. If you’re getting the “destination already exists” it should give you a prompt to overwrite.

If you’ve customized any of the files, be sure to download a backup first so you don’t lose those changes.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2012-01-31

PM

Ok, will do, thank you for the quick reply

{name}
Rank

Joined 2012-01-31

PM

It worked like a charm - thanks so much