Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

You are here → Home :: Forum Home :: General WordPress :: WordPress :: Thread

Unable to insert content templates in Element theme

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-04-29

PM

In searching the forum for this issue, I see that a recent WP update caused problems with the content template's functionality and that you had updated some of the themes to resolve this issue. An update was available via my WP dashboard for the theme, so I installed it. Unfortunately, it had no effect.

Here's what happens: While on the page to which I want to add the template, I select "Insert Content." A box pops up with the available selections. I choose one and click the "Insert Content" button at the bottom of the popup box. Another popup appears, telling me to be sure to change to the Designer Template for best results (I already selected that in advance of using the content template). I click OK to close that popup. The "Insert Content Template" window remains open. Repeating the template selection results in the same sequence of events, never inserting the template. FYI, I'm using Chrome.

Thank you in advance for your help.
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi Sandi,

Can you tell me which theme and version you're using?

Also, when you updated did you get a notice to install the Simple Shortcodes plugin?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2014-04-29

PM

Hi, Casey,

The theme is Element (installed Parent & Child and activated Child)

Versions:
WP 3.9.1
Element Parent 2.5.5
Element child 2.5.4

No, when I installed the update, I did not get a message to install the Simple Shortcodes plugin. I assume from your question that I should do that now. :-)
{name}
Rank

Joined 2014-04-29

PM

Update: I installed and activated Simple Shortcodes, but it had no effect on the issue.
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi Sandi,

I'm looking into this now and will get an answer for you right away!
{name}
Rank

Joined 2014-04-29

PM

Hi, Casey --

Thanks! I'll wait to hear from you.
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi Sandi,

My apologies for the hold up. I've just about upgraded every one of our themes in the past few weeks, but Element was somehow marked as completed - but was not.

Nevertheless, you should see an update in your WordPress admin for Element 2.5.6.

This is a fairly big update, so if you haven't customized any of your child theme CSS, I'd recommend starting with a fresh child theme. (at least the style1.css,style2.css,style3.css,style4.css files). The reason is that some of the styles that are now present in the Simple Shortcodes plugin you installed were removed.
{name}
Rank

Joined 2014-04-29

PM

Thanks so much, Casey. That solved the problem!

Great customer service. I'm impressed.