Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

“Light” Plugin Not Found

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

First:  this is the coolest theme (layout tool) I’ve come across in a long time. It is a huge time saver for those of us who dabble a lot but are not developers and don’t live and breathe HTML.  Nice job.

THE ISSUES:  Upon installation one of the recommended plugin’s to install is “Light”.  Of the four recommended plugins this is the only one that is listed as “Pre-Packaged” and not listed as available in the WP plugin repository.

The other three plugins install just find but when I try to install this plugin it get the following error message:

“Download install package from [MY HOSTING DIRECTORY PATH TO MY SITE/wp-content/themes/lightfast-child/inc/light.zip.

Download failed. A valid URL was not provided.”

I checked my installed lightfast-child subdirectory but no directory named “inc” and no file named “light.zip”

I checked all of the unzipped files on my computer from the Lightfast theme download file from your site.  Same results:  no “inc” directory and no “light.zip” file.

I continue to get the recommendation to install the plugin when in my site’s plugin page.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Thanks for the good feedback. Glad to hear you’re finding it useful.

I believe I’ve tracked down the problem regarding the light.zip plugin.

The problem resides in (the parent theme) functions.php around line#1303:

'source' => get_stylesheet_directory() . '/inc/light.zip',

should be:

'source' => get_template_directory() . '/inc/light.zip',

It’s looking for the plugin zip file in the child theme/inc folder instead of the parent theme /inc folder.

I’ll push up a fix for this issue right away.
Upon updating, you should be able to reinstall the plugin from Appearance → Install Plugins.

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

Thanks Casey,

I just downloaded Lightfast again and uploaded the parent theme directory.  The Light plugin installed correctly without a hitch.  Problem solved.

Thanks again.