Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

You are here → Home :: Forum Home :: General WordPress :: WordPress :: Thread

Theme directory location

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-08-04

PM

I am attempting to place files into my mobius theme for woocommerce as explained here.

How to add Woocommerce to Mobius

However I do not know what the Child theme directory is?
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

The child theme is typically named mobius-child and is located in wp-content/themes/mobius-child.

https://www.simplethemes.com/theme-docs/mobius-docs#200
When you installed the theme, you should have uploaded the contents of the following files to wp-content/themes

- mobius.zip : wp-content/themes/mobius (Mobius Parent Theme *framework)
- mobius-child.zip : wp-content/themes/mobius-child (Mobius Child Theme)

*The Mobius Child theme should be your active theme.

If you're using WooCommerce, you'll need to FTP in to your child theme folder (wp-content/themes/mobius-child) and add the following using the gist provided here:
https://gist.github.com/simplethemes/a07c684dece0e9eba7ff

- Copy the contents of functions.php to the end your child theme's functions.php

- Add woocommerce.css to your child theme directory root.

- Add woocommerce.php to your child theme directory root.
{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-08-04

PM

Uhmmm I copied the woocomerce.css into the wrong file and now I cannot get back in because this keeps showing up

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/content/p3nexnas05_data03/59/2114159/html/wp-content/themes/mobius-child/functions.php on line 177
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Yes, if you put CSS in a PHP file, that will definitely cause errors. If you have FTP access, you can login directly and edit/restore the file. It sounds like it's giving you headaches. If you'd like to PM me with a temporary wp-admin login and FTP info, I'll be glad to update for you.