Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Mobile Responsive Breeze

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2011-11-08

PM

When I run the google mobile test my Breeze site is declared not mobile friendly.  I have the latest version.  How can I get my Breeze site to be a mobile friendly, responsive design site?

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Do you have a link you can share? Are you using the latest version of Breeze?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-08

PM

Yes, I am using the latest version of breeze.

Link is: vmcleodlaw.com

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

It looks like you’re using Breeze 1.9.1 which is a few years old and not responsive. The current 2.0 branch is at 2.1.8 which is responsive. Breeze was rebuilt and re-released in February of last year. You might want to make a backup and try the current version. There are some “gotchas” to upgrading but unless you have any major customizations, you should be ok.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-08

PM

How do I update to the latest version?  I can’t find any documentation about how to do that.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

You can just go to your account section, download the latest version and follow the installation instructions.

You’ll want to remove the old breeze folder first. It should be located at wp-content/themes/breeze. If you’ve customized the files at any point, you’ll probably want to download or back up the old version before removing it (the breeze folder).

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-08

PM

Can I do a theme test drive on the new version in WP before taking the leap?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-08

PM

Forget the last question.  Having problems with the installation.  Should I rename the zip file with the version number?  This is the message:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home4/vmcleodl/public_html/wp-content/themes/breeze/

Theme install failed.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-08

PM

Having problems with the installation.  Should I rename the zip file with the version number?  This is the message:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home4/vmcleodl/public_html/wp-content/themes/breeze/

Theme install failed.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

If you already have breeze installed and try to install it again, yes it will fail because it isn’t going to overwrite it.

You’ll want to remove the old breeze folder first. It should be located at wp-content/themes/breeze. If you’ve customized the files at any point, you’ll probably want to download or back up the old version before removing it (the breeze folder).