Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Nesting Accordion Shortcodes & Tab Groups

{name}
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2014-11-03

PM

How can one go about nesting the Accordions UI elements – is this possible?

I was able to get it going partially one level deep, but the content of the first sub-accordion would reveal itself as soon as the first accordion was clicked on.

http://votec.eplatt.com/test2/

The reason I’m asking is I would like to construct an interactive narrative, where the user can click on heading to reveal sub-headings and further sub-heading, etc. This is so the page can be kept simple, without too much information until the user wants more.

Thanks!

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

An accordion inside another accordion? No, unfortunately not.

{name}
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2014-11-03

PM

After I played around with it I realized it’s probably not a good idea anyway: I also don’t want the user to get lost - the whole point is to present information in a simple, conversational style so they are not hit with too much when they get to the page, but can get more by interaction with it.

Are you familiar with the book “Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works”? It basically describes an interaction model, and it’s what they want to do with the site.

I’m experimenting with using accordions inside of tabs.

Question:
How can I change the background color of an accordion area after it unfolds (an indicator so the user know where they are).
Also how to do the same for Tabbed areas - different colors (and/or borders).

Thanks!