Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

2 Lightfast Responsive Issues

{name}
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2014-11-03

PM

Hi,

I have two small issues I’d like to correct for when our site is viewed on mobile:
http://bubblesoccersd.com/

1. In Chrome, the background (sides) image on the right is showing (logo pushing the frame wide?), and in Safari, the logo is cutoff. My guess is that both problems are due to the fact that the logo is too wide for the frame (or window, whatever you call it). Is there some responsive @media queries I can use to address this, that will swap in another version (square) of the logo? You could add a feature where one can add a mobile version of a logo (I’ve seen this with some other themes).

2. I’d like to program it so the slider is not inserted on mobile. You talked about how to do this before but I don’t know where.

Thanks!

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Yes, I can see how it would get cut off.
http://cl.ly/image/391Z2b2U3k1w

You might want to consider the adding the following to your child theme style.css:

/* Mobile Portrait Size to Mobile Landscape Size */

@media only screen and (max-width479px{

/* Reduce padding in header */
 #header {

padding10px 0px;

}

/* Reduce logo size */

h1#logo img {

max-width280px;

}

/* Reposition nav toggle */
 #shownav {

top30px;

}

/* Hide slider */

.ms-container {
  display
none !important;

}

{name}
RankRankRank

Joined 2014-11-03

PM

That works great, thanks.

I’m curious though about the loading in landscape mode: I thought the point of not having the slider load on a mobile device was to increase loading speed, but if it’s playing in landscape mode, it always has to load doesn’t it?

Thanks

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Yes, it is hidden, but it still has to “load”. Modern mobile browsers are smart, though. display:none won’t hinder loading the rest of the page and will be less strenuous on the CPU.

{name}
RankRankRank

Joined 2014-11-03

PM

OK excellent.

Thanks.