Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Cannot get active links to change color after editing style1.CSS

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-01-19

PM

Hey There,

I am new so I may have made a really stupid mistake.

I am changing the navigation bar colors and I can get everything to work but the active link color. I figured out how to do most of the changes based on the forum posts - very cool!

I do not have the site live so I have posted the code below. I am editing the Style1.css of the Synapse-Child theme. I have edited the images to match color, but after I click on a link it does not change:

/* Top Level Links */

#menu ul li a {
  color: #787047;
  /*text-shadow: #787047 1px -1px 0;*/
  font-size: 14px;
  line-height: 48px;
  font-weight: bold;
  background: url(./images/style1/nav_bg_bdr_StratifyBrownGradient.png) no-repeat right bottom;
}

/* Top Level Hover Links */

#menu ul li a:hover,
#menu ul li.active:hover a,
#menu ul li:hover a {
  color: #787047;
  /*text-shadow: 787047 1px 1px 0;*/
  background: url(./images/style1/nav_bg_hover_StratifyBrown3.png) repeat-x right bottom;
}

/* Top Level Active Links */

#menu ul li.active a {
  color: #000000;
  text-shadow: #000 1px 1px 0;
  background: url(./images/style1/nav_bg_active_Stratify_Gradient.png) repeat-x right bottom;
}

Thanks,
Jason

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-01-19

PM

Ok, I reinstalled the synapse theme and it appears that the active top menu links do not change color as seen on the demo -  http://themes.simplethemes.com/synapse/ the ‘Home’ link is black with light blue text. I found the section in the style sheet (Style1.css) and around line 222 there is the following:

/* Top Level Active Links */
#menu ul li.active a {
  color: #b1dcff;
  text-shadow: #000 1px 1px 0;
  background: url(./images/style1/nav_bg_active.png) repeat-x right bottom;
}

I verified the image is present and matches the black in the live demo. I really need to get this working.

Thanks,