Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Logo And Homepage Slider

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2011-07-18

PM

Hi,

I have changed the logo and also the slider does not show any images.

I am not a web developer so please be as simple as poss!

URL:

http://executional.please-construct.me/

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

It doesn’t look like the theme is accepting your settings for some reason. I’ll be glad to help you get this resolved.

Are you using WordPress MU?
If so, have you successfully tested a normal installation of WordPress on your server?

If possible, feel free to PM me your WordPress admin login and I’ll see if anything looks obvious.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-07-18

PM

Just pm’d you

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Ok, hopefully the solution is pretty simple here.

The /cache folder needs permissions of 777 in order to be writable by your server. This is where your resized images are stored, but unless the folder is writeable, it won’t be able to do so. You’ll need to login to your site via your FTP client and set the directory permissions to 777 at:

wp-content/themes/breeze/cache

To verify, you should be able to access this URL in your browser and not get the ‘403 Forbidden’ error:
http://executional.please-construct.me/wp-content/themes/breeze/cache/

Let me know if this helps.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I also noticed a few other things…

You did not have the featured image set up properly. I went ahead and configured your two existing slides. In the future, see the steps outlined here, in particular, the steps preceeding ‘Add Slide Image’).

These should work once your server permissions have been set up properly.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-07-18

PM

thanks but not sure what mean re 777 FTP?

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

When you signed up for your web hosting, they should have given you an FTP username and password.
This allows you to browse your server’s files and folders like you would browser your own computer.

If you can locate this information and PM it to me, I don’t mind doing it for you. If your web hosting control panel offers some sort of file manager, you could do it this way as well.