Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Disable main menu + add social media link unit

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-07-21

PM

Hi. Couldnt find these in the forum, so posting. My website is tempochange.com :

- I’d like to disable the main menu. I found the functions.php edit solution for a couple of other themes of yours, but I guess I’m missing what the $tag and the $callbackfunction need to be for Lightfast. Please help.

- I’d like to add a simple social media icon set in the body of my homepage (Facebook. Twitter, Soundcloud). My guess is that there is something in the theme out of the box, but I cant seem to find it.

Thanks for your help!

N

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, Apologies for the delayed reply.

If you don’t want to relocate the menu, instead remove it entirely by placing this in your child theme functions.php:

// remove the main menu from header
function skeleton_main_menu() {

return false;

As for social media icons, there are a plethora of plugins that do this. Personally, I prefer the Jetpack method but It depends on what you want these icons to “do”. Are you wanting to A.) add sharing options to your articles or B.) just a list of links to your social networks?

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-07-21

PM

Casey - thanks for that. Almost solved the problem. The menu is now gone, *except* that on iOS, the “burger” still appears on the top right both in Safari and Chrome, and shows on top of the logo. Any idea how to get rid of that?

Used Jetpack for social (it was for A) - does the job. Thanks!