Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Help Updating Theme

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-07-02

PM

Hi,
I am using the Breeze theme for our local theatre web site http://www.littletheatreofowatonna.org and am having a problem after upgrading to word press 4.3.  There is a 1111111 in the upper left hand corner of the web site now.  I searched for this in the support area and it seems like I need the update.  Unfortunately, I don’t maintain web sites other than on a volunteer basis and it looks I did not install the child Breeze theme last year when I installed the new theme so from what I read, I have not been getting updates.  I uploaded it now and tried activating it.  It seems to work fine, but there is not an option to update the theme.  How does the child theme provide for an update?  Your help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Tracy Green

http://www.littletheatreofowatonna.org

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, it looks like WordPress changed the output method of the apply_filter() function in wp_head.

I’ve pushed up an update to fix this, so if you’ll update to v2.2.0 you should be all set.

Since you’re not using the child theme and can’t upgrade, you’ll need to edit the file manually:

Just look for this line in functions.php:

// hook to add additional stylesheets from a child theme

echo apply_filters ('child_add_stylesheets',$stylesheets); 

and change to:

// hook to add additional stylesheets from a child theme

apply_filters ('child_add_stylesheets',$stylesheets); 
{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-07-02

PM

Hi
I got the child theme activated and was able to pull the update.  The 1111111 is gone now.  Thanks much for your help.
Tracy

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-08-02

PM

Update Breeze2 is at Version 2.2.0. Everything OK!

Hi Casey

I can not upgrade to version 2.2.0 Breeze child

My version:

Breeze ChildVersion: 1.0
Von Simple Themes

Child theme for the Breeze Theme
Dies ist ein Child-Theme von Breeze.

Gruß Gerd