Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Buttons, columns and theme not displaying properly

{name}
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-12-06

PM

Casey, my website has been working great until recently.

I made no changes to my website, but now all buttons and columns etc. are displaying as (code text) through out the website rather than actual buttons etc.

Please help!

http://www.sarrobackandneck.com

Thanks

Jack

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi Jack,

Apologies for the delayed response. I understand you were able to resolve this. Was this a specific browser issue or something else?

{name}
RankRankRank

Joined 2012-12-06

PM

Casey,

I later noticed on my dash board that it said I need a few plug ins to work with this theme.

I believe it was Simple Short Codes Plug In and Widget Css Classes.

I installed those and it seemed to fix the issue which was a new phenom.

I don’t know what changed or what caused this to arise, as I had not had this issue over the past 3 years.

Any insight into how this occurred?

Thank You for the follow up.

Best Regards,

Jack

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

It sounds like it’s been awhile since you updated if you’re just now seeing that message. The plugins were added as a requirement in order for the shortcodes to function in the recent versions of WordPress (hence the notification).

{name}
RankRankRank

Joined 2012-12-06

PM

Thank You Casey,

So if I am running child theme, are updates of the theme automatic?

If not, how do I update manually if needed?

I know Wordpress did some recent auto updates on my site, I don’t know if that factored into my short code malfunction.

That message may have been on my dashboard for a while, I had just been cruising on auto pilot the past year or so.

This will serve as a reminder and motivator to keep an attentive eye on things and update both content and mechanics if needed.

Best Regards,

Jack