Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Mobius Teaser Area

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2015-03-27

PM

I am trying to use the teaser widget area which is stated as being “shown above navigation” but it appears as a new band below the navigation instead?  Am I understanding the teaser location correctly - where should it appear on a page with the menu set to show below the logo?

Ideally I want to add some text (for contact information) on the right hand side at the same level as the logo - is this possible with the Mobius theme?  If so, how would I do that please?

Thanks in advance,
Barrie

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, the teaser widget is doing what it is supposed to do. That’s a typo which should be “shown below navigation”. To get what you’re looking for, you’ll need to hook into the st_header() function in your child theme’s functions.php:

function header_phone_number() {

echo '<div class="header-phone-number">1.800.555.1212</div>';
}
add_action
('st_header','header_phone_number'2); 

Then add the CSS to your stylesheet:

.header_phone_number {
 float
:right;

position:relative;

color:#fff;

top:-50px;

right:0;
{name}
Rank

Joined 2015-03-27

PM

Hi Casey,

That seems to have put the sample phone number above the logo instead of being over to the right hand side??

Regards
Barrie

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Did you add the CSS? Can you provide a link?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2015-03-27

PM

Hi Casey, I did resolve the problem but can’t remember off the top of my head what I did…  I think it was related to the syntax in the sample code you provided for the php:  class=“header-phone-number”, but the CSS being “.header_phone_number {” (i.e. underscores in one and hyphens in the other).

I think I also played around with the .top setting in the CSS