Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Footer has moved over to the left

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-02-14

PM

Hi there

I’m using the Skeleton Theme and having some issues with the footer - everything has shifted over to the left and not now in line with the rest of the site.  Not sure how I managed this, but I’ve obviously done something and cannot work out what or how to put it back.  Please see the attachment. 

I tried to fix this and on top of it being shifted over, I have made the footer menu worse and not in a line (which I want) so it now is all under one another, so this also needs to be put back to how it is not he first attachment.  I stupidly changed a bit of code without thinking and then can’t put it back correctly so please help on this too!

I’ve got to get my client’s site live this week, so any help on this issue would be hugely appreciated as this is the only thing outstanding now!

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Katie

Attachments:

https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/3xIb670ZTzqFn88IfEcU

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi Katie,

From the looks of the screenshot there may be some errant custom HTML (either in a Widget or the Content itself). Unfortunately, it’s a little difficult to debug a screenshot so If you have a URL I can look at, feel free to post it here or PM me and I’ll be glad to take a look at it for you.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2016-02-14

PM

Thanks Casey - have sent you a PM

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Message received.

As expected, there were some malformed HTML tags on the home page. It looks like you had nested H4 and P tags and some were not closed properly. I also noticed you had an empty widget in the Footer 1 position which was causing the Footer 2 position to shift. I went ahead and fixed the footer menu as well.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Casey

{name}
Rank

Joined 2016-02-14

PM

Thanks so much for sorting so quickly.  I will take a look later today and come back to you if I have any further issues.  Thanks so much, I knew it had to have been something silly that I had done!