Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

How to disable mobile version of the site?

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2013-01-21

PM

Hello!

I would like to disable mobile version of the site. Can you help me?

Thank you.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, You don’t mean disable the responsiveness of the theme, correct?

It’s possible that you have a mobile plugin installed or the Jetpack mobile site feature enabled.

Does that help?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-01-21

PM

I want to turn it off forcibly. I do not know how to do that. plug-ins are not installed.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Orion2 is a responsive theme - which means your content should be responsive as well.

For a non-responsive site, you’ll either need to remove all media queries from the CSS or use the previous version of the theme. You can download that from here: http://cl.ly/443M3u3I2A0w

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-01-21

PM

Hi!

The main problem is that the phone (iPhone) by pressing the special button does not display the full version of the site. Other sites in the full version open freely. Therefore I urge you to make changes to the theme code or explain to me detail how can I do it myself.

Please, help me.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

What you’re asking for is a non-responsive theme. Orion(2) is a responsive theme. It can’t be made non-responsive without completely recalculating the percentage-based widths and replacing them with px-based widths in the CSS and removing/merging all @media queries.

The concept of (mobile-first) responsive design is to build your content and styles to work with mobile browsers first and then scale up to desktop browsers.

The old/backwards way was to maintain two separate sites e.g; mobile.domain.com and www.domain.com. Responsive design aims to solve that by making the two inclusive.

If something in your site (such as a large logo/header or Flash content) is hindering the mobile layout, you’ll need to create CSS media queries to fall back on - which is much easier.

If you’re intent on having a desktop version, then you need to install a non-responsive or desktop-first theme and then use something like the Jetpack Mobile Theme for mobile browsers.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2013-01-21

PM

thank you very much for your answer. can you give me instructions to create CSS media queries?

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Sure! So basically any CSS you add will apply to mobile and desktop devices.

To add a rule that applies only to Desktop:

@media screen and (min-width: 961px)  {
  .element {
    border: 1px solid red;
  }
}

Here are the most common media queries:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/7354648