Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Templates do not match

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-03-22

PM

Hi,

There is a disparity between the template 1 shown on your site located here:  http://themes.simplethemes.com/element/content-template-1

And what I get in my Template content button for the page.  I show an image with some italicized text and a Interesting section with small text and then three content areas below.

I need the one on your site.  Is there a setting impacting the template options?
Thanks you.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3654

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, Thanks for letting me know. I’ve updated the content templates. You should see the changes reflected in 2.5.8.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2016-03-22

PM

So I am out of luck until then?? When can I expect an update?  Is there a problem with the Sample Page?  I deleted it and it still shows up on all my pages.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

So I am out of luck until then?? When can I expect an update?

No, you should be able to update immediately.

Is there a problem with the Sample Page?  I deleted it and it still shows up on all my pages.

I’m not sure what you mean here.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2016-03-22

PM

It seems the sample page section does not go away whether the page exists or not.  I have nothing in my site yet and it shows up.

Did I forget to do something?
R

Attachments:

https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/xMudkm6kRmF7GZc1k8RW

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I’m still not sure what you mean by “sample page section”. Are you referring to the sample page that is created on a brand new WordPress installation? Are you saying that if you go to Admin > Pages, there are no existing pages? Do you have any caching plugins installed that might be displaying an older version of your content?

As for the theme (Template1) issue:
If you have the child theme and parent theme setup according to the docs, then you should see a notification for update in your admin panel. This is best practice as it will allow you to keep the theme up-to-date.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2016-03-22

PM

I have the child activated. I don’t want the mobile dropdown to show on my non-mobile pages or the area where it sits to show on those pages either.  How do I stop that?