Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Error 500

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

Site:http://www.theli....

PHP version: 5.4 (can be upgraded if needed although is seems to make no difference).
Impacto version: 5.6.7

The error log: PHP Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed; If you would like to pass argument by reference, modify the declaration of GetColStyle(). in /home/littlebo/public_html/wp-content/themes/impacto/page.php on line 13

PHP Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed; If you would like to pass argument by reference, modify the declaration of GetArchiveColStyle(). in /home/littlebo/public_html/wp-content/themes/impacto/404.php

The site works fine with the default Wordpress theme . Error 500 is only triggered when I load Impacto. I have installed the theme from fresh just in case but it has made no difference.

The site has been running for the past five years with the same theme without a problem, this is a recent development and I cannot work out what is causing this.

Can you help?
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Yes, Impacto has been around quite awhile, but was re-released when PHP 5.4 was deprecated on most web hosts and responsive became a requirement. We tried to shelf it, but several users requested it be updated - so we did.

5.6.7 is indeed the latest version of Impacto but from the looks of the error, you're still serving old files.

Are there any major customizations? You might try backing up the old version, and reinstalling the theme fresh, namely the *.php template files.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

Hi Casey, many thanks for the quick reply!I have done this already but it has made no difference. I have also tried updating the PHP version but I am still getting error 500.
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

That's very strange. I'm looking at the source and that function is completely replaced. Just out of curiosity, are there any cache plugins enabled that may have cached the error?
{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

just checked but no , there aren't any.
Let me run the error log again

[11-May-2016 17:39:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /soul/home/littlebo/public_html/wp-content/themes/impacto/page-landing.php on line 17
before that is was this
[11-May-2016 16:30:40 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed; If you would like to pass argument by reference, modify the declaration of GetColStyle(). in /soul/home/littlebo/public_html/wp-content/themes/impacto/page-landing.php on line 17
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I just checked and page-landing.php has been removed altogether in v.5.6.7.

What procedure did you use to update? If you just overwrote the files, try removing page-landing.php and set the Pages to use "Freeform Content" which is onecolumn-page.php.

Feel free to PM me with an admin login or create a temporary admin user and I'll be glad to take a closer look.
{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

Hi Casey, I am making progress. Did a full fresh install and got the website back.