Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

ACF Slider

{name}
RankRank

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2016-05-15

PM

When i create and insert a slider i’m getting this error appearing on the page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/s/c/h/schwesinger/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/smpl-acf-slider/public/class-smpl-acf-slider-public.php on line 118

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/content/s/c/h/schwesinger/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/smpl-acf-slider/public/class-smpl-acf-slider-public.php on line 159

*the slides i’m make are very simple. text only. what is the problem? Also, why does the plugin say “Requires ACF Pro”?

Very frustrating!

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, It looks like this warning is being generated when no options are selected in the “UI Features” of the Slider. I’ll update this right away. In the meantime, just select a single option and the warning should be suppressed.

As for the “Requires ACF Pro” text, ACF Pro is included in the theme so you don’t need to worry about anything there.

{name}
RankRank

Joined 2016-05-15

PM

But I did choose two options in the UI Feature: navigation dots and navigation arrows, neither of which show up.

Also, I don’t see ACF Pro listed as a plugin, just ACF Slider.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

ACF Pro is included in the theme. If ACF Pro were not available, then you would not have been able select options for the slider.

Are you still getting the same error?

{name}
RankRank

Joined 2016-05-15

PM

updating the app fixed the error message. UI Features are still not working however.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

sqattorneys - 16 May 2016 07:22 AM

UI Features are still not working however.

Please elaborate. The interface is not available or the features themselves?

{name}
RankRank

Joined 2016-05-15

PM

They are available for me to choose, but none of them show up on the page. I just chose every single option and i see nothing. I refreshed the page.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

It might help if you could share a link to what you are seeing so that I can discern if this is a misconfiguration or an actual error.

Have you inserted the slider onto the actual Page? Which method are you using to include the slider? (Shortcode or through the UI)

https://www.simplethemes.com/theme-docs/orion-documentation#224

{name}
RankRank

Joined 2016-05-15

PM

I’m choosing a page template “slider feature w/ CTA. For the featured slide i’m choosing a slider with 3 slides and many UI options chosen. I would have no idea how to add a slider otherwise.

This is the page:
http://sqattorneys.com/wordpress/

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Ok, it looks like you have multiple sliders on the page and the shortcode is overriding the options of your main slider. In your content area, remove the inline slider from the content template and let me know if that helps.

I apologize for the errors here. If the above doesn’t help, feel free to PM me with a temporary login and I’ll get this squared away for you.

{name}
RankRank

Joined 2016-05-15

PM

I shouldn’t. I’m just choosing one of 3 sliders i’ve made using the “featured slider” dropdown menu. I don’t even see an option to choose more than one slider.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

If you switch to Text view in your content editor, you maybe able to see it. It looks like you may have started with a content template that used a slider shortcode and it was not properly removed.

When I view the source of your page, I’m seeing that 3 sliders have been inserted into your content area:
http://cl.ly/1Z3R3F3d270v

{name}
RankRank

Joined 2016-05-15

PM

There is only one instance of the slider in the code. Ok to cut and paste the code or would you rather i PM a login?

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

If you wouldn’t mind sending me a login, I would probably be able to figure out what the problem is much faster.

{name}
RankRank

Joined 2016-05-15

PM

Just did.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I was able to figure out the issue.

See: http://cl.ly/3S2l1J252u36

The blue area is where you can change your Layout (Page) Template. The selected layout template allows for the slider to appear at the top of the page outside of the main content at full width (red outline), however in your content, you also had the [slideshow] shortcode. As expected, the content slider was overriding the main slider was causing the problem.

For the sake of example, I also edited the Firm Overview Page to use the “Featured” Page Template so you can see the available options:
http://sqattorneys.com/wordpress/firm-overview/