Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Available list styles for Onyx

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2016-05-17

PM

Hi Casey,

I was looking for a cross list style option since it would fit great into one of the pages I am working on:

http://en.kaiterum.com/sustain/open-mindedness/

There is a list with suitable items and right next to it a list with unsuitable ones.

Looking around in the forum for an option I have seen this awesome list:

http://themes.simplethemes.com/mobius/icon-lists/

Would it be to much to ask to help me use it for the Onyx theme as well? :D

And on the same topic of icons, when I use a note style (it is valid for all of them) the corresponding icon looks strange with an offset overlapping. Can I do something about it? The example is at the bottom of the same page mentioned above.

Thank you!

{name}
Rank

Joined 2016-05-17

PM

I got around the issue with the note styles by setting to false the show icon attribute and inserting some spaces so that the text and the icon do not overlap.

show_icon="false" 
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3623

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi Adrian, Not to throw a wrench in your gears, but I’m actually considering retiring Onyx here shortly. It’s not responsive and is about 7 years old.

I thought about a “refresh” but built Mobius in place of it as the layout structure is identical. Have you been using Onyx for some time or is this a new site build? Is there anything about Onyx that stands out but keeps you from switching to Mobius?

For example, here’s Mobius with about 12 lines of CSS and a different logo:
https://cl.ly/2u2U2m3i423N/o

I’ll be glad to address these issues with Onyx for you, but was just curious more than anything.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2016-05-17

PM

Yes, I noticed it is not responsive, and I tried to find a plugin to help me with this. What I found meets minimum requirements, but the design would be lost on mobile with the plugin to make it responsive.

This is my first build with this theme. At first glance, I think I like it mostly because of the menu and the fonts combination. The menu has this nice radiant fountain fill effect, coupled with the discrete but elegant line close to the edge, and transparency. The shades of blue also are very appealing to me, as you have imagined probably. :-) And the light grey background seems very friendly to the eye from my point of view. Given that I already have the sources for the menu, probably it will not take that much time to make it the same in Mobius. But his is just a rough estimation.

I wouldn’t say no to switch, if Mobius could have the same design for the menu, and fonts. But I cannot say yes either, at the moment, since I put a lot of work into it. But, probably just transferring the content will not take as much as it did finding its place from scratch.

In conclusion, I will balance the alternatives tomorrow and send you a message.

Thank you for the proposal!

{name}
Rank

Joined 2016-05-17

PM

I have considered your proposal to switching to Mobius.

There are two things combined that would still make me stick to Onyx, reinserting all the data and new customization aside.

First, I purchased Onyx specially for the website I am working on now. It is a website that I will use myself. And second, for the moment I am kind of stuck with it since my budget does not allow to purchase a new theme for the same project since I already have one, with which I have just starting to work with.

Given your great support up to now, I am considering to purchase the Avery theme for a different project, but not until this one is done and ready to be opened to the world, which hopefully will not extend longer than two weeks, including translating the website to Romanian as well.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3623

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi Adrian,

No need to purchase Mobius. I wasn’t suggesting that. I’ve added Mobius & Avery to your available downloads. Feel free to try them out and purchase if you should decide to use on a production site.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2016-05-17

PM

Thank you Casey!

I do not have enough words to express how much I appreciate your positive, helpful attitude.

The least I can do is have a place where supported by simple themes with link will be visible. When they will become productive, I will purchase them.

If at one time you consider there is something I can help you with please let me know.