Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Post Single w No Sidebar

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2016-11-07

PM

I asked a question about this in another thread, but thought I’d start a new thread since it’s basically a stand-alone issue.

In the Mobius theme, when I go to a single post page, I get the usual blog sidebar. I’m trying to opt out of having the sidebar altogether.

In the Theme Options >General, there is a Default Sidebar Location option with three choices that seem to be “left,” “right,” and “none.” Unfortunately, when I choose the middle (“none”) option, I still get a “left” sidebar.

I tried putting a copy of the single.php file in the child theme folder and removing the “get_sidebar” call… The sidebar is gone, but the column (three-wide) remains. I’d like no sidebar and full-width for the post content. (There is a page template that’s full width, but of course this isn’t an option for post single.)

Can you help me do this? Here’s a link to the page with the middle (full-width?) choice for sidebar location selected.

http://www.gdesweb.space/mckelvey/2016/11/07/emperor-post/

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I’m unable to reproduce this. Are you using any caching plugins that would prevent your theme/page settings from updating?

{name}
Rank

Joined 2016-11-07

PM

I’m not using any caching plugins. I did some earlier exploring using the Simple Skeleton theme, but then decided that the Mobius theme had some added features that were desireable (going beyond 960px width especially…). So, I do have required plugins from Skeleton here as well as those required by Mobius.

I’ve attached a screen shot of my current plugins page.

I’ve also attached screen shots of the Theme Options showing the selection for the Default Sidebar Position and the resulting page, where there remains a left sidebar.

FYI the content of the page is obviously pretty random… I’m just trying to figure out the theme’s options and familiarize myself with it.

Attachments:

https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/65c46RBPQYa0mq4q2uVW

{name}
Rank

Joined 2016-11-07

PM

Still hoping to solve this… Anyone looking into it further?