Undefined variable: config
I just bought this, installed, and I get this nasty error page:
Notice: Undefined variable: config in C:\wamp64\www\xxxxx\xxxx\wp-content\themes\avery\functions.php on line 99
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp64\www\xxxxx\xxxx\wp-content\themes\avery\functions.php:99) in C:\wamp64\www\xxxxx\xxxx\wp-includes\pluggable.php on line 1179
I use the latest wordpress (4.7.2) in a local environment on a PC with WAMP, PHP 5.6
So I tried installing the plugins, but then I get
Notice: Undefined variable: checked_data in C:\wamp64\www\xxxxx\xxxx\wp-content\themes\avery\inc\update.php on line 69
Now I cannot access anything in my admin because all I get are errors.
Can I get my money back ? This is not working.
- I cannot find the content template button (it does not appear)
- I cannot have a static webpage with blog posts (I have yo manually code it - even though I created a page named front-page)
- I cannot have a blog page (I followed the instructions in your tutorials, created a page named Blog, but the blog articles do not appear)
- I tried hand coding the blog page, but still the loops>content templates don’t seem to work
- I just want to have a normal blog page with articles like http://themes.simplethemes.com/avery/news/. How?
Please I really need to get this theme to work, it usually isn’t that complicated with other themes…
The debug messages you’re seeing are not “errors”. These are notices that are displayed when WordPress and/or PHP is in development mode. You can bypass this by adding to your wp-config file:
define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );
* Regarding page templates, Avery does not have this feature.
* A static blog (e.g; yoursite.com/blog) page can be configured by creating a page named “Blog” or “News” and then assigning it as your blog page from Settings > Reading. You don’t need to create any template files.