Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

A Couple Tweaks to Our Top Navigation

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2015-05-11

PM

Hi Casey,

Thank you for getting back with us about the Mobius theme and new Jigoshop eCommcerse.  We really appreciate your detailed and thoughtful response.  So… we’re not going to change themes and open that can of worms.  But, we are hoping that you can help with with a couple of tweaks to the Skeleton theme.

1.  It would be really helpful for us to have an additional menu bar, with smaller text, above our header image.  We’d like this menu bar to have account type links (such as Log in, Register, Support, Contact Us, etc.).  Our main menu bar, that we have right now, would be focused on product navigation.  Here is a sample website that has a top menu like we’re referring to (https://www.jigoshop.com/product-category/themes/).  We would like ours similar to this, except with the cleanness of the Skeleton theme - that just shows you the type of layout we’re looking for.

2.  Can we remove the padding that’s in between the header image and the menu bar?  We want them to be touching, because once we add a full color header, we don’t want it to look like it’s floating above the menu.

3.  Is it possible to make the Header Logo a slideshow, instead of a static image?  (That would be very cool.)

4.  Is it possible to decrease the padding of the menu buttons slightly, so that we can fit more options in, without it scrolling down to a continued menu bar below?  If you tell us where it’s located, we could try tweaking it to suit our needs.  That would be ideal.

The development website that we are working on right now is Dev.SimpleBeadPatterns.com.

Thank you so much for your help.

Cara

{name}
Rank

Joined 2015-05-11

PM

Hi Casey,

We just figured out how to fix #2 and #4 on our list.  We still need help with #1 and #3.

Thank you.

Cara

{name}
Rank

Joined 2015-05-11

PM

We spent the day trying to figure out how to add a menu bar at the very top of our site, above the header, but were unsuccessful.  We just can’t figure out the right way to do it.  Could you please help us with this?  If you tell us how to do it, or do it for us if it’s involved and tell us where the CSS is, we think we’re at the point that we can modify it to suit our needs.

Also, is it possible to make the header logo a slideshow, instead of a static image?

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you,

Cara

{name}
Rank

Joined 2015-05-11

PM

Hi Casey,

Just touching base…  We’re hoping to add a second menu bar, above our header image, on our Skeleton theme website.  If it’s possible, then we’re just hoping you can tell us which file to edit, any tips on what code to use, etc.  We know some basic HTML and CSS, so we think we can do it ourselves, but we don’t know which file to work on.  I believe your Mobius theme has a second menu bar, above the header image.  Is is possible to use the code from that theme to add the menu bar to the Skeleton theme?  I believe that header image also has slideshow capability.  Is that something we can add to the Skeleton theme?

We’re really trying not to bug you too much.  If you are not able to help us with any of this then please let me know so we can try to figure something else out.

Thank you in advance,

Cara

{name}
Rank

Joined 2015-05-11

PM

We never heard back from you and eventually figured it out.  Is it possible to get a refund for the support that we paid for, seeing as, based on what you’ve said, you have a lot on your plate right now.

Thank you.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

No problem. I sent you a private message last week asking if you could give me access to your repo or the current working version of your theme. As I recall, there has been a lot of customization so in your specific case there’s no quick answer without looking at the actual source code.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2015-05-11

PM

Thanks for your reply.  I looked for your private message, but it shows that I have “0 Private Messages”.  Don’t know why.  We did figure out how to add a simple menu bar, above our header image, on our working development site (http://www.Dev.SimpleBeadPatterns.com).  We also decided that we don’t need the header to be a slideshow.  But, we may have additional tech support questions, as we are currently updating the look of our site.  Are you going to be readily available for any issues that may come up?  We also sent you a private message a couple of weeks ago and did not hear back.  Could we correspond via email, or by these posts, so we don’t loose anymore messages?

Thanks,

Cara

{name}
Rank

Joined 2015-05-11

PM

Hi,

Is there a way to tweak the Skeleton theme so that it’s full page, instead of just 960px wide in the center of the screen?  And, if so, is there a way to add another menu bar to the other side of the page, so you have one menu on each side, flanking the body content?

Thanks,

Cara

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Skeleton is not a fluid width theme and only supports one sidebar column. Changes such as this would require a great deal of customization to the entire grid and logic that provides such options.

We could probably make the theme wider. It is currently 960px, however most laptop/desktops support up to (at least) 1200px these days.