Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Having Trouble Installing Skeleton WooCommerce Child Theme

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-05-23

PM

I tried to follow the limited instructions that you have given to install the Skeleton WooCommerce Child Theme.  I unzipped the folder and installed it in the wp-content/themes/smpl-skeleton directory.  I did try installing it in the wp-content/themes directory, but when I activated it from there, it replaced my simple skeleton theme and I could not access my website.  I chose the smpl-skeleton directory as a logical alternative, but I do not see anything to activate.  When I then activated WooCommerce I got a fatal error message.  Now, I cannot access my website at all, either over the internet or by logging in.  Here is the error message that I get when I try to log in:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 108 bytes) in /data/9/3/54/47/3543536/user/3945470/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 83

Here is the error message that I get when I try to access my website, http://www.larkresearch.com:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3200 bytes) in /data/9/3/54/47/3543536/user/3945470/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/admin/class-admin-asset-manager.php on line 346

I would appreciate it very much if you would help me fix this ASAP.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, I’m unable to reproduce this on my end.
Do you get the same error with the default WordPress theme as well? Can you tell me a little about your setup; e.g; what version of WordPress,WooCommerce, other plugins installed and how many products are in your shop?

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-05-23

PM

THanks for your response.  I was able to get my website up and running by restoring a prior version.