Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Ongoing Theme Support - End of Life Themes = Suggestions for Improvements

{name}
RankRank

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2012-08-10

PM

Hi,

I'm a generally happy customer but I'd like to suggest some improvements in your theme support that I see as critical. I'm wondering if there is a plan to offer a more ongoing support (think long term updates) for themes? Right now it looks like from the changelogs that most themes are updated for a 3ish years and then the updates cease. A perfect example is Synapse. Today there are a LOT of theme developers out there that offer a much longer spectrum of support. For example if we look at Studiopress, Elegantthemes or even the top Wordpress themes on Evato https://themeforest.net/page/top_sellers we see a pattern. These are updated consistently and have been for years. Updates have been patches, improvements, and security related but they have been consistent. I'd like to see the same things w/ simplethemes but you don't currently offer this. To that end I'd like to suggest a few key aspects you might consider moving forward:

Long Term Theme Support - Maybe offer an option to purchase ongoing support for an additional cost or even increase the cost of the themes and offer this. Right now you charge to little IMHO.

Performance - A key aspect of page rank is performance. Your themes do generally well but I'd love to see you do performance improvements and tests as a part of all releases. I'd venture to say this is a critical feature for most users no matter the hosting environment.

Security - Another key feature in this day is security. As you all know a theme can be just as vulnerable as any other Wordpress element (core, plugins, etc.) so it is vital that themes undergo either a systematic security review or process. I'd love to see this as one of your core features of all of your themes. Maybe talk to Wordfence and Sucuri about a partnership on doing scanning on your themes on an ongoing basis. Again I'm very happy to pay MORE for this.

Let me say directly, this is not a criticism but a humble request that you consider adding these things as a part of the core feature. I'll be a customer but I'll be ever happier if you offer these options as a part of your core company features for all themes going forward. Again, I'd be happy to pay more for themes and or support for these features.

What do you think?
{name}
RankRank

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2012-08-10

PM

Nearly a year after this post I see there are DOZENS of providers out there who offer these exact features. It is a REAL market opportunity but SimpleThemes doesn't see it that way.. Wish they did... =(