Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Display Logo, Blog Name and slogan in Header

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-07-28

PM

Me again.  I was wondering if there was a simple way of displaying a logo, blog name and slogan in the header.  I have the menu set to be below the logo.  The logo I am working with doesn’t have the business name and I’d like to display it as text rather than adding it to the logo.

If it is a pain I will change the logo and put the company name in.

Thanks. Ellen

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

If you could provide a link to your site, I could tell you exactly what dimensions and where to add this, but what you probably want to do is add (to style{x}.css) your logo as a non-repeating background image to the header div like so:

If you were using style1, for example:

#header {
 background: url(./images/style1/logo.png) no-repeat left center;
}

With your header style to text, you’d want to bump up the left padding of the actual header by editing a padding left property to the following classes:

#header span#text-header a,#header h1#text-header a
and
#header span#text-slogan,#header h2#text-slogan

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-07-28

PM

That worked.  Thanks again!

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Awesome. Hope it’s coming together for you.

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2011-07-14

PM

ellenmva - 08 August 2011 07:08 AM

Me again.  I was wondering if there was a simple way of displaying a logo, blog name and slogan in the header.  I have the menu set to be below the logo.  The logo I am working with doesn’t have the business name and I’d like to display it as text rather than adding it to the logo.

If it is a pain I will change the logo and put the company name in.

Thanks. Ellen

Hi there,
Thanks for a great theme.
At the Home slide show I am trying to get a some writing in a gray line (that continues the green and blue as in the Demo). How do I do this?
Additionally, the site dimensions change from one computer to the other and from one internet browser to the other, eg. the top menu gets cut out of the screen. How do I fix this issue?
site url:http://jbens.com/
Thanks

Jeremy

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi

At the Home slide show I am trying to get a some writing in a gray line (that continues the green and blue as in the Demo). How do I do this?

Can you provide a mockup or sketch of what you’d like to be the end result? Not sure I fully understand.

Additionally, the site dimensions change from one computer to the other and from one internet browser to the other, eg. the top menu gets cut out of the screen. How do I fix this issue?

If the menu is getting cut off, you might try reducing the number of menu items or maybe the font size.
Some browsers/OS interpret font families a little different.

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2011-07-14

PM

I wish to create the “Thank you for looking at Breeze Wordpress Theme by Simple Themes” that appears at the first slide in the Demo of the theme on your website:
http://www.simplethemes.com/wordpress-themes/demo/breeze

About the dimensions of the Menu and site when i open the site in other computers it seems some problem with the definition of where to layout the text. it is not a size matter. I can send you the print screen or attach it. I am not sure where in this forum

Thanks

Jeremy

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

This image, I just made in Photoshop by duplicating the image layer, applying a blur, then cutting out the top and bottom.
Do you have Photoshop? I can post an example/tutorial if you’d like.

Yes, a screenshot would be good for the other.