Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Google adverts won’t show

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

I think I may have posted this in the wrong area, it should be Elated, can you move please.

I can’t get Adsense banners to show at the bottom of my page. I am trying footer widget 1 and either text or PHP widget to display the code, which shows up OK in the page source, but looks like the attachment, a red box (and too small).

The code is just as provided by Google. Shown below (with some bits specific to me removed).

[removed]<!--
google_ad_client "removed";
/* Banner advert */
google_ad_slot "removed";
google_ad_width 468;
google_ad_height 60;
//-->
[removed]
[removed]
[removed] 

When I hover over the advert it does show a link to an advertiser, so it seems to be working OK for the advert, just not showing it properly in the page. Any ideas?

Image Attachments

Screen_shot_2011-09-15_at_18.31_.50_.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

I’ve tried wrapping the code (which has not cut and paste properly above) in a custom div, and creating some CSS for that div which specifies a height of 60px (the banner height), no effect, also a min-height, no effect, tried !important too, no effect. I just can’t seem to shake off either the red box or get it to a proper height of 60px required to show the banner :(

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

If you could provide a link to the problem, I could better inspect the output than a screenshot.
You could try wrapping your script in raw tags:

[raw]....your script….[/raw]

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

Adverts won’t show in the body of posts and pages either. So this is a link to a test page rather than leave broken adverts live on my main site:

http://www.firework-review.org.uk/test-page/

In the above example I have just used the supplied Google code to cut and paste, I have not tried wrapping it in a custom div, as that didn’t work anyway as per my example above. Thanks.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

If you’ll open master.css, just remove this:

iframe {
 margin: 0px;
 padding: 0px;
 height: 5px;
 border: 1px solid red;
}

I’m not sure why that is in there or how it got there.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-05-09

PM

Thanks Casey - fixed smile

The iframe CSS is present in another Elated site I did too, so I think it must have been in the original download (I don’t think I added it, as I have never used iframes in those sites).

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Thanks, I’ll make sure it’s removed if it is in the repository.