Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Custom Fonts?

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-06-19

PM

Hey Casey,

I was wondering if there is any way I can upload and use some custom fonts to replace the post titles, widget titles and the general text in Presstige?

If its possible how do I go about doing it?

Also I need to center the titles of my widgets. How can that be done?

Thanks in advance.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

If you look in master.css, you can see how the existing fonts are imported by using a body class and later referenced with the @font-face attribute.

To use your own custom fonts, you’ll need to either generate a font-face kit of your own then add them to master.css, or use the Google Webfonts API. The easiest way is probably through Typekit, however it is a paid service. Each of these have their own separate sources of documentation, so it’s really up to you.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-06-19

PM

Right, thanks Casey..but I actually meant to use a font which I downloaded..but I think I shall use the Google Font API now..but umm..how exactly do I do that?

Oh and also how do I center the titles of the widgets in presstige? As of now all the wideget titles are left aligned.

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

To center the widgets, just open style{x}.css and find:

div.widget h3,
div.widget.S1 h3,
div.widget.S2 h3,
div.widget.S3 h3,
div.widget.S4 h3 {
 font-size: 20px;
 padding: 0px 0px 5px 0px;
 margin: 0px 0px 8px 0px;
 height: auto;
 font-weight: normal;
}

and add a text-align: center; attribute.

As for adding a font, each resource has it’s own method. If you downloaded a font, you need to create a web font kit. Some fonts just do not work or produce huge file sizes. Be careful. Google fonts has pretty easy instructions. There are 3 methods (http://d.pr/ldzb) import, standard, or javascript. I’d probably go with standard and just paste into header.php. To use the font, just change the classes to your new font name in the CSS.

{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-06-19

PM

Cool..so the widget title is sorted..

About the fonts..Im not so sure i want to get into that now..I just wanted to make the text in the main body a bit thicker..I know I can do that with the font weight attribute..just not really sure where to put it in..

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Just change font-weight: normal; to font-weight: bold;