Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

You are here → Home :: Forum Home :: General WordPress :: WordPress :: Thread

Blog Page Error HTTP 500

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2011-09-26

PM

Hello,
I deleted the blog page and emptied it from the trash. I created a new page, called blog and created a menu item. I went inot the Setting>reading and made the Post section my blog page. Now everytime I go to that page I get an HTTP 500 error.

http://www.wakeupyall.com/blog

I have the breeze theme installed and everything else seems to be working fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chad
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I'm seeing the error message "Error establishing a database connection".
Do you have another installation in the /blog folder or something?
{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-09-26

PM

When I look in the cpanel file manager, under public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins all I see is the akismet. I have disabled this plugin with zero success. Should I completely uninstall this plugin? Or should I be looking in another blog directory? Thanks you for the help.

Chad
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

What I mean is, Is there another "blog" folder at the domain root e.g; yourdomain.com/blog?
The reason I ask is the error message "Error establishing a database connection" tells me there's another WordPress installation already at that URL.
{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-09-26

PM

My appolgies, I dont mean to sound thick. Where would I go and check this out? I normally use the wordpress dashboard for everything and dont see where I can check for a hiden folder under the main domain. From the dashboard, I only see one blog page, and one blog menu option.
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

This is not something in your wp-admin. This is a folder on your server named "blog". When WordPress tries to reach http://www.wakeupyall.com/blog, instead of finding the blog Page, it finds the blog folder on your server. You can login via FTP or through your web hosting file manager and rename the blog folder to something like "blog_old" or if you're sure nothing is in there, you can just delete it.