Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

You are here → Home :: Forum Home :: General WordPress :: WordPress :: Thread

Remove page title from contact page

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2011-11-27

PM

I would like to remove the page title from the contact page. Other pages I did this by chosing "hidden title" template. But if I choose hidden title template I still need to setup a contact form. How can I do this?

speclind.net/contact is site. You will see contact in menu navigation which is good. But then I have title again just above the name box and want to remove it.

Looking through the forum it looks like people are editing code to do this. If i can't check a box and do it, is there a way for me to use the "hidden title" template and add the contact form template to it?
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

The contact page uses a template of its own so you'll need to remove it from the page template.
Another option would be to use a plugin like Contact Form 7 or Gravity Forms to display a form in the hidden title page template.
{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-27

PM

Casey - 01 December 2011 11:18 PM
The contact page uses a template of its own so you'll need to remove it from the page template.
Another option would be to use a plugin like Contact Form 7 or Gravity Forms to display a form in the hidden title page template.

Ok i will edit code. I found where the template is. What is the code I should edit to remove the title from the contact template?
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

You just need to remove this line:

<?php the_post_title();?>
{name}
Rank

Joined 2011-11-27

PM

Works great. Thank you!
{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2012-11-23

PM

I am trying to remove page title from synapse theme on default template whats the best way to do this?
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi Morgan, Are you referring to Pages or Posts? I assume Pages.

The best way to do this is to create a folder in your child theme directory named 'loops' and add the file 'loop-page.php' with the following content:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=KrQqjq87

This will hide the titles by default and instead rely on a custom field key=>value pair of "showtitle" => "true" instead of hidetitle.