Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

Need to create an additional form based on the Contact form template in Presstige

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2011-08-08

PM

Hi Casey,

Very quick question relating to the PRESSTIGE template. The layout is perfect!

If I wanted to create a form based on the CONTACT FORM for example as a ‘newsletter sign-up form’, could I copy the relevant contact-form.php file, rename it ‘newsletter-form.php’? Would I need to edit the CSS…if so could you recommend the correct one…style…or master?

The contact form layout is great as the sidebar menu’s are the right width. Normal pages are too narrow. I just need to amend the fields for the form and be able to select a template from within the back end of wordpress / to use for the form.

I know I could use a form plugin (which is what I would normally do) but if I do this It will appear on a normal page template with a narrow sidebar margin.

Hope you can help on this one.

Thanks in advance,

Mart’s

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Hi, the contact form that comes with the theme is very very basic. For multiple contact forms and to have more control over the fields, I would use a plugin such as contact form 7.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/

You can have the wide sidebar on your contact pages by just duplicating page.php and customizing it like so…

At the top, just before get_header, add this:

/*
Template Name: My Contact Form
*/
get_header();

Then just below that, change the column width parameters to 16,8,8 like so:

// Total must be 24 (24 col. 960 Grid - 1 Unit = 40px)
$contentgrid = "16"; // Main Content Grid Width
$leftsidebargrid = "8"; //  Left Sidebar Grid Width
$rightsidebargrid = "8"; //  Right Sidebar Grid Width

Now when you create a page with your contact form, just select My Contact Form as a page template. If you want to load the contact form widgets into this template, just change the references from “primary-page-widget” and “secondary-page-widget” to “contact-page-widget”

That is how to do it so you know what to edit in case you’re feeling experimental. Or you can just download my example from here http://pastebin.com/EMgXHuht. Save into your themes/presstige folder as my-contact-form.php.

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2011-08-08

PM

Thanks Casey! Again, brilliant.

Mart’s