Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

You are here → Home :: Forum Home :: General WordPress :: WordPress :: Thread

How to hide different colour style options from the admin screen?

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2011-08-08

PM

Hi Casey,

Creating a site for a client where I need to hide the style options in Onyx...and other themes ideally. Rather than allowing the user to be able to select alternative styles and color changes to be made I need to only show the one colour scheme. Is this possible?

I don't ant to have to carry across all changes to a specific style sheet and the images within sohiding the other options from the admin setup would be ideal.

Thanks,

Marts

{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

I don't think removing the option entirely is your best bet. You could, however remove all the options other than the one you want to use. To do this, open /onyx/lib/functions/admin_options.php and find the block of code below:

$st_options[] = array(
 "name" => "Color Style",
 "desc" => "Select a color style to use.",
 "id" => $st_shortname."_themestyle",
 "type" => "themestyle",
 "std" => "style1",
 "options" => array('style1','style2','style3','style4','style5','style6','style7','style8','style9'));

To set style1 as default, and allow no other options, change the above to:

$st_options[] = array(
 "name" => "Color Style",
 "desc" => "Select a color style to use.",
 "id" => $st_shortname."_themestyle",
 "type" => "themestyle",
 "std" => "style1",
 "options" => array('style1'));
{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2011-08-08

PM

Again thanks for this Casey. Temporarily copied over the CSS style to the other files and images so that every option would give the same colourway and set of changes. Did the job - not ideal I know but I was running out of time. At least now I can implement your edit. Really helpful so thanks.