Welcome! To use this support forum, please Login or Join Today!

You are here → Home :: Forum Home :: General WordPress :: WordPress :: Thread

link to a tabgroup tab id from another page

{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-05-08

PM

Hello... I used the tabgroup shortcode to create a 3 tab area on my contacts page... The tabgroup includes MAP, Contact Form and General Info.

From another page I'd like to link directly to the Email Tab. It's identified as id="t2" in the shortcode. I've tried to link to this tab with both "contact#t2" and "contact/#t2" but both just take me to tab1 on the contact page.

Any ideas?

You can view what I'm doing here

or simply here is the link...
<class="button" title="Contact Us!" href="contact#t2">Contact Us!</a

and here is the tabgroup...
[tabgroup]
[tab title
="Map"   id="t1"] [google-map-v3 width="800" height="600" zoom="14" maptype="roadmap" mapalign="center" directionhint="false" language="default" poweredby="false" maptypecontrol="true" pancontrol="true" zoomcontrol="true" scalecontrol="true" streetviewcontrol="true" scrollwheelcontrol="false" draggable="true" tiltfourtyfive="false" addmarkermashupbubble="false" addmarkermashupbubble="false" addmarkerlist="607 Springdale St. Mount Horeb, WI 53572{}computers.png{}TrollBytes Computer Services" bubbleautopan="true" showbike="false" showtraffic="false" showpanoramio="false"]        [/tab]
[tab title
="Email" id="t2"] [customcontact form=2] [/tab]
[tab title
="Contact" id="t3"] Please feel free to contact us at your convenience.[/tab]
[
/tabgroup] 

THANKS!
John
{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-02-06

PM

I'd like to know this as well.

Doesn't work:
calling => yoururl/yourpage#tab

Even setting an additional regular html-anchor in the (sub-) tab
calling => yoururl/yourpage#anchorname-located-itself-in-other-than-first-tab
doesn't work.

Any proposals?

Best regards
simpleblog
{name}
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3667

Joined 2011-04-27

PM

Unfortunately, the simple tabs aren't designed to be aware of the URL. I'm working on implementing something along the lines of what you describe, but it isn't something immediately available. You may be able to find a plugin that will do this, however.
{name}
Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-02-06

PM

Thank you very much for your endeavour. grin

{PlugIn? Hm. I didn't thought at. If by chance I'll find something, I'll make a note here. In fact you are absolztely right: This isn't a "priority feature", more a "nice to have".}